Strip poker minigame
Strip poker minigame is a card minigame that is provided in Tammy and June’s route. This activity is available just before the first branching and can be played over indefinitely with Erik and Tammy at night. It’s based on a variation of Texas hold’em with specific game rules.
- hole cards
- Two cards each player receives individually at the beginning of each play.
- community cards
- Up to five cards shared by all players.
- Set of cards that each player forms by combining the hole cards with a pool of five gradually revealed community cards.
- Match the bet with another cloth. If no opponents call a player’s bet or raise, he wins the round.
- Forfeit the current bet. No further bets are required by the player, but he cannot win.
- all in
- Bet all of the clothes in the current hand. They may now hold onto their cards for the remainder of the deal as if they had called every bet.
- Player’s turn to act.
- When remaining players expose and compare their hands to determine the winner.
The screen is divided into four distinct areas:
- The upper left corner displays the clothes, the hidden hole cards, and Erik’s last action.
- The upper right corner gives the same information about Tammy.
- The bottom of the screen is reserved for the main character, with his cards revealed, and three action buttons.
- In the center are the five community cards dealt face down.
Like any decent strip poker game, bets are made up of players’ clothes, with the number of items fixed at six per player.
Each player is dealt with two hole cards face down. A round of betting begins and you can either Call to bet more; Fold to discard your hand (Erik’s and Tammy’s bets played from the time you fold will then be omitted at the start of the next round); or declare All in. Erik and Tammy then choose their actions, either to follow you or not. At the end of each round, a new community card is face up and added to the players’ hands.
The player who wins the play doesn’t take off any items of clothing; those who lost strip the clothes they wagered. If someone bets and all other players fold, then the remaining player is the winner. If two or more participants remain after the final betting round, a showdown occurs: the player with the best poker hand made from the seven cards wins. If the best hand is shared by more than one player, then everyone loses.
A new play starts if each player still has at least one cloth to bet; otherwise, if the main character, Erik or Mrs. Johnson is naked, it ends.
It is recommended to bet only when your hand is strong with high cards. Fold when you don’t have a good enough hand.
The deck is a standard 52‐card deck containing no jokers. The following table shows the possible hand values in increasing order:
|Highcard||Simple value of the card. Lowest: 2 - Highest: Ace|
|Pair||Two cards with the same value|
|Two pairs||Two times two cards with the same value|
|Three of a kind||Three cards with the same value|
|Straight||Sequence of five cards in increasing value (Ace can precede 2 and follow up King)|
|Flush||5 cards of the same suit|
|Full house||Combination of three of a kind and a pair|
|Four of a kind||Four cards of the same value|
|Straight flush||Straight of the same suit|
|Royal flush||Straight flush from 10 to Ace|
Having Tammy completely naked lets the player progress in Tammy and June’s route. Each character has a unique scene when he or she loses.