The debug menu is a special menu unlocked by setting the game in developer mode. It provides a lot of useful features to cheat on Summertime Saga, or get yourself out of bugs and softlocks.
This menu is unlocked by default on Android devices and it can open by clicking on the network signal icon on the phone menu.
The debug menu contains 6 main tabs – General, Time, Machines, Locations, Player and Items – and 3 buttons: the first one displays the console history, the second opens the console screen and the last one closes the debug menu.
This tab is dedicated to general options.
- Unlock/Lock the user interface.
- Unlock all Cookie Jar scenes.
- Set the Mayor Rump's scene at the mall.
- Skip the first day of the game.
- Unlock all locations.
- Force/Unforce the map lock, forcing it unlocked will make the map available from any screen in the game.
- Lock/Unlock the sleep lock, allowing you to sleep through anything.
- Enable/Disable the cheat mode.
- Display/Hide any python expression.
- Enable/Disable notifications for label names (on the top left corner) whenever you enter a new label.
- Enable/Disable the first day skip, starting you on the second day.
This tab is dedicated to all the time manipulation functionalities.
- Tick timer: advance time by one tick.
- Set day to: set the current day to whatever you want, advancing the time until that day.
- Set time to: set the time to whatever you choose, moving forward or backward in time if necessary.
- Skip forward: allow to skip ahead a day, week, month or year.
- Toggle debug period: allow to force Christmas or Halloween decorations even if it is not the right time of year yet.
This tab is dedicated to Finite State Machines and gives info about where the machine is located and in which state it is. For each one you can:
- Advance: advance the FSM by one state. Can result in bugs though.
- Show vars: open a separate window that shows all the variables for that FSM.
- Pregnancy: open a separate window with all the variables for that machine's pregnancy manager.
This tab is dedicated to locations. For each location you can:
- Lock/Unlock the location.
- Visit/Unvisit the location.
- Set the
can_leaveflag for the location.
- Move the main character to the location.
This tab is dedicated to the main character. Its purpose is to be able to change his stats and money.
This tab is dedicated to the items in‐game management. From there you can add or remove any item in the inventory. It has a convenient search box to filter out the 150 game items. You can also use this to print the full item list to the console.